ORDER BY PHONE
MON to THUR 8.30am to 5pm
FRI 8.30am to 4pm
0191 497 4298
​​​​​​​

Carbon Monoxide Alarm, 5 Year Life

OUR PRICE: £16.99
Stock Status: In Stock

  • DESCRIPTION
  • REVIEWS

Carbon Monoxide Alarm, 5Year Life (Complies with EN 50291:2001)

This is battery operated carbon monoxide detector is guaranteed for 5years and powered by a battery.This carbon monoxide detector is easy to install, move , maintain and uses:

  • Advanced electrochemical CO sensors to ensure complete accuracy and reliability
  • ​​​​​​​A TEST/ HUSH button which allows you to immediately silence alarm and test alarm electronics
  • A capability to operate between 4.4C to 37.8C
  • A battery which provides protection during a power shortage
  • A low battery warning and battery missing indicator
  • A loud Alarm signal exceeding 85dB at 3meteres

What is Carbon Monoxide (CO) and how is how is it produced in the home?


Carbon monoxide (CO) is a colourless, odourless, poisonous gas. It produced by the incomplete burning of solid, liquid, and gaseous fuels. Appliances fuelled with natural gas, liquefied petroleum (LP gas), oil, kerosene, coal, or wood may produce CO. Burning charcoal produces CO. Running cars produce CO. By law , If you have a wood burning or multi-fuel stove fitted, you must also have a CO alarm fitted

How much Carbon Monoxide is dangerous?
Most people will not experience any symptoms from prolonged exposure to Co levels of approximately 1 to 70 PPM (parts per million),  but some heart patients might experience an increase in chest pain. As CO levels increases and remain above 70PPM, symptoms become more noticeable and can include headache, Fatigue and nausea.

Carbon Monoxide Alarm Response Times:
  • At 50PPM alarm activities within 60-90 minutes
  • At 100PPM alarm activities within 10-40 minutes
  • At 300 PPM alarm activities within 3 minutes 
What are effects of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning?

​​​​​​​Carbon monoxide poisoning is an illness caused by exposure to too much carbon monoxide  - a colourless, odourless and tasteless gas. Too much carbon monoxide in the air you breathe can greatly diminish your ability to absorb oxygen , leading to serious tissues damage. Carbon monoxide poisoning can lead to death.
   


 

Customer Reviews
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!